is very much Under Construction
Details will be provided only as far as three generations of descent from William Johnston.
No dates will be provided for living people without their express consent.
*** Email addresses on this page have been 'munged' to prevent them being harvested by spammers. If, when you click on a name in the eddress column, your email program fails or doesn't open, or the address isn't pre-filled, click here for more details.
Descendancy Narrative of William Johnston
I. William Johnston was born on 9 November 1807 at Largo, Fifeshire, Scotland. He married Janet Pitblado, daughter of Charles Pitblado and Ann King, on 2 May 1825 at Crail, Fifeshire, Scotland.
A. William Johnston was born on 28 October 1825 at Crail, Fifeshire, Scotland. He married Mary Johnston on 11 June 1852 at Largo, Fifeshire, Scotland and died on 5 March 1890 at Warners Bay, New South Wales, Australia, aged 64. He was buried on 6 March 1890 at Barnsley, New South Wales, Australia.
This branch is being researched by David Johnston
B. Agnes Johnston was born on 12 August 1827 at Crail, Fifeshire, Scotland.
C. John Johnston was born on 15 June 1829 at Elie, Fifeshire, Scotland.
D. Robert Johnston was born on 4 December 1831 at Kilconquher, Fifeshire, Scotland.
E. Alexander Johnston was born on 16 October 1833 at Largo, Fifeshire, Scotland. He married Helen Wemyss in 1861 at Charlestown, New South Wales, Australia and died on 23 June 1916 at Toronto, New South Wales, Australia, aged 82. He was buried on 25 June 1916 at Sandgate, New South Wales, Australia.
F. Peter Johnston was born in 1838 at Largo, Fifeshire, Scotland. He married Catherine Elizabeth Gettings, daughter of John Gettings and Mary Salter, on 23 December 1868 at Bilston, Staffs, Eng. and died on 4 May 1926 at Warners Bay, NSW. He followed the occupation of a Draper and Clothier.
1. William Henry Johnston married Grace Goffett. He was born in 1870 in England.
a) Peter Johnston
2. John Gettings Johnston married Lily Gettings. He was born on 24 August 1870 at Airdie, Lanark, Scotland and died in Scotland in August 1952 aged 71 years.
a) Kitty Johnston
b) John Johnston
This branch is being researched by Linda Hall
3. Mary Jessie Johnston was born on 3 December 1871 at Coatbridge, Scotland and died on 18 February 1874 at Coatbridge, aged 2.
4. Peter Johnston was born on 21 February 1873 at Coatbridge, Scotland and died on 25 February 1874 at Coatbridge, aged 1.
5. Catherine Johnston was born in 1875.
6. Peter Alexander Johnston was born in 1877 at Coatbridge, Lanark, Scotland. He died before 1889 at Coatbridge.
7. Sophia Johnston was born on 30 December 1878 at Coatbridge, Scotland.
8. Ralph Gettings Johnston was born on 20 July 1884 at Coatbridge, Scotland and married Ethel Garrett circa 1911. Following her death, he married Verena Emily May Vaisey, daughter of John Vaisey and Emily Louisa Wicks, on 31 December 1919 at New Lambton, NSW. He died on 9 July 1975 at Cessnock, NSW, at age 90.
By his first marriage
a) Eda Kathrine Johnston married Hugh Robertson.
b) Eliza Ludford Johnston married Robert George Muir. She was born on 31 May 1914 in New South Wales, Australia. She died in 1997 at Belmont, near Newcastle, NSW
c) Arthur Johnston was born before 1916 and died as an infant.
By his second marriage
d) Coral Verena Johnston was born on 4 December 1920. She died circa 1990.
e) Heather Ailsa Johnston married George Edward Barraclough at Heyfield, Vic.
f) Shirley Beryl Johnston married Leslie Roy Mitchell.
This branch is being researched by Linda Barraclough.
The asssistance of Linda Hall and ........... Johnston in the preparation of this page is most appreciated.
To add further details
e-mail Linda Barraclough (a descendant of Ralph Johnston).
Back to Johnston Summary Page
Back to Linda Barraclough's Home Page
Last updated: 30 Apr 2010